Skip To Content

March 25, 2022

Congress Provides More Money for Rural Broadband Deployment

Credit: Benton Institute for Broadband & Society, Kevin Taglang

Rep David Trone (D-MD-06) requested $ 883,574 for broadband expansion in Garrett County, Maryland. The grant will cover 75 percent of the project’s costs, according to Rep Trone. “Then the county will cover the other 25 percent. It’s going to connect 270 households, 24 farms, and 17 businesses.”