Skip To Content

Help with a Federal Agency

The most important part of my job is assisting my constituents when they’re facing difficulties with government agencies and federally regulated entities. Whether you’re unable to access your unemployment benefits, reasonable accommodations at work, and more, my team and I are here for you. 

We have a track record of providing top-notch constituent services and helping Sixth District residents navigate these agencies to get the results they deserve.

“I contacted Congressman David Trone’s office who successfully intervened for me with the Department of Labor to expedite the processing of my Pandemic Unemployment Assistance after 8 exasperating weeks. I was at wits end until they stepped in to resolve the issue.” – Wayman M., Germantown

“It was not until I contacted the office of Representative Trone that I obtained swift help! He and his staff solved the issue in a couple of weeks, after several months of no luck with anyone else. I’m eternally grateful to Congressman Trone and his wonderful staff!” – Janet B., Maryland

To learn more about how we’ve helped Sixth District residents, you can find our “Success Stories” page here.

Residents of the 6th Congressional District of Maryland can contact us for assistance in navigating government agencies. 

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

For individuals requesting passport assistance, make sure to select “Dept. of State” when prompted to select an agency, and please provide my office with the following so that we can take action as quickly as possible:

  • Signed privacy release form for each individual requiring a passport, including minors under the age of 18. Privacy release forms for minors should be filled out with the minor’s information, signed by a parent or legal guardian of the minor, and the description must include the signer’s relationship to the minor;
  • Individual’s full name as it appears on the application;
  • The applicant’s date of birth;
  • The last 4 digits of the applicant’s social security number;
  • The nine-digit passport application locator number (if available);
  • The departure date for international travel;
  • An attachment showing proof of upcoming travel such as a flight booking confirmation, a hotel reservation, or a travel itinerary;

Once our staff receives all documentation they will review and assess your case. Certain agencies and companies require additional documentation, which our staff will share with you if necessary.

Thank you again for contacting our office regarding your personal matter. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our staff at (301) 926-0300.